The southern most tip of the African continent is where you find South Africa. South Africa Tourism with the Zulu’s brought about a bizarre act that we saw being practice in South Africa.
However, before we dive into this bizarre act performed by the Zulu’s I will like to share some interesting facts about South Africa
1. Basic South Africa Knowledge
- South Africa make use of South African rand as Currency
- The capital of South Africa are Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein
- Their dialing code is +27
- Official languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, Southern Sotho, Tswana, Northern Sotho, Venda, Tsonga, Swati, Ndebele
2. South Africa is the largest producer of platinum in the world.
In 2014 it produced 110,000kg, more than four times the amount of the next biggest producer, Russia.
3. The world’s second largest brewing company is in South Africa.
Also, SABMiller was founded as South African Breweries in 1895.
4. Zulu is used as a bridge language from KwaZulu-Natal to Zimbabwe
Further, this is a lingua franca, or a bridge language, is used to make communication possible between people who do not share a mother tongue.
5. The Zulu Tribe
In addition, there are 5 types of Zulu dances; Ingoma (isizingili), Ingoma (isishameni), Indlamu, Imvunulo and Isicathamiya
- The traditional Zulu dance has been around since the 16th century when the Zulu tribe was lead by Shaka Zulu who was a very powerful king and did many great things for example he expanded the territory of the Zulu tribe.
Watch Bizarre video illustrating how the South Africa Zulu girls dance during a particular ceremony on Next PAGE ➡ 😉