WordPress Content Writer
FULLTIME – COPYWRITING – ANYWHERE (100% REMOTE) ONLY
- You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
- Writing and self-editing blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- Creating your own featured images and screenshots for each blog post.
- Making requested edits without expressing frustration or irritation with the editorial process.
- Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords and using those keywords to plan, structure, and optimize your content.
- Planning blog calendars in Asana and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
- Monitoring SEO rankings and optimizing existing content to boost traffic and conversions.
- Working closely with developers and support team members to write new feature announcements.
- Writing email newsletters and automated campaigns and sending them using Drip.
- Advanced WordPress Experience: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, setting up new WordPress sites, installing and configuring themes and plugins, troubleshooting errors, etc.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing.
- Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add link attributes and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, anchor links, etc. with HTML.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Examples of high-ranking SEO content you’ve written.
- Copywriting and/or email marketing experience with proven results.
- Graphic design experience creating featured images, infographics, etc.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
- A link to your main writing portfolio, plus 3 specific links to the most relevant pieces. Submitted samples must be in English.
- How you found out about this position.
- An overview of your experience with WordPress as it relates to the details above.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Include any details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc. that are relevant to the job posting.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!