Senior Product Designer
FULL-TIME – DESIGN – ANYWHERE (100% REMOTE) ONLY
Kuali is looking for a Senior Product Designer with at least four years of experience working in software product development. We hire humble, optimistic problem-solvers who need no direction and no permission to solve customer problems.
You’ll like working at Kuali if:
- You enjoy building and can deliver beautiful user experiences, but can also balance priorities and sometimes compromise on pixel perfection to deliver value sooner.
- You’re versatile. You know when to dream big and when to act small. You’re equally comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
- You’re a collaborator. You build great relationships with other designers, engineers, and customers.
- You’re inspired to achieve results, and your enthusiasm is contagious.
- You’re passionate about your role in helping clients and other designers achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- You’re curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You know how to influence and serve.
- You understand the complexity of large enterprise applications.
- You’ve used agile methodologies.
This position is on our Student, Curriculum & Catalog Management product team.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We operate in a competitive space where users tolerate outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and are eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
If you’re looking to make your fortune off a quick flip with no business model, you’d be happier someplace else.
- Lead design for a new module for our higher education product suite and maintain a foundational software product
- Build strong relationships with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs, hopes, problems, and frustrations
- Advocate passionately for customer priorities during product development
- Conduct user research with the product team
- Create wireframes, models, and prototypes to flesh out and test concepts with customers
- Support engineering development of designs and bugs
- Implement accessible design practices
- Create elegant and beautiful responsive web UIs
- Design with Kuali’s design system
- Consider every touchpoint and find ways to make their experience fluid and efficient; this can include emails, print brochures, customer support UX, and other marketing materials