Social Media Specialist
FULL-TIME – SALES & MARKETING – ANYWHERE (100% REMOTE) ONLY
Uscreen is a SaaS company with an amazing global team, helping creators and companies monetize their videos online. Video monetization is a fast-growing market, and so far, we have established ourselves as the industry leaders, and we aim to solidify that position. We have an amazing team, a treasure trove of knowledge and experience – and now we’re looking for someone who’ll help us spread the word.
You will be working closely with the Marketing Lead on a daily basis, primarily focusing on organic social media posting, community engagements, some automation, and creative outreaches, in conjunction with other marketing team members. Our future Social Media Specialist needs to be smart, inquisitive, and motivated but also experienced to be able to deliver much of their workload independently. We are a remote-first company so the ability to stay productive independently is required.
Think of our social media pages as an almost-blank canvas. Yeah, some outlines are there, but you can feel free to paint over them, as long as it fits the brand.
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and implement it. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About this role:
This position is perfect for a mid-level social media marketer with some B2B experience and is focused on building, maintaining, and growing our social media channels. We are a very social company, with an incredibly fun and smart team, and your job is to help us communicate it with the world.
In the first 6 months, you’ll mostly focus on creating a social media strategy with our Marketing Lead, paired with regular posting and some engagement, while you learn about our product, market, competitor landscape, etc. After the first 6 months, we’ll expect you to fully own the social media marketing processes, work with other team members to create organic campaigns and – most importantly – work on social media channel growth and reach.
Things change rapidly in our industry, so it’s imperative that our Social Media Specialist comes with solid, hands-on social media management experience.
Task and responsibilities:
- This position includes a healthy amount of research
- Working in conjunction with other team members to create and maintain a social media calendar
- Writing small pieces of copy (e.g. social media posts or comments) will be required
- Assisting our Marketing Lead with project and campaign planning and execution
- Setting up and tracking social marketing campaigns and automation
- 3+ years of social media marketing experience
- Of these, at least 2+ year in SaaS
- Of these, at least 1+ year in B2B
- Of these, at least 1+ year experience directly with email marketing and automation
- Tech-savvy – we use a lot of tools (too many to count) and you need to be able to learn and adapt easily
- Experience with planning and maintaining social media calendars
- Experience setting up multitiered, cross-platform campaigns
- Perfect grammar and attention to detail (e.g. punctuation, writing, etc.)
- Urge to proofread everything 5 times before hitting that ‘post’ button
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker (having accents is fine, as long as you’re using proper English syntax)
- Confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person 🙂
Good to have:
- Experience with social media KPI tracking and reporting
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics and related tools
- Experience with visuals (e.g. picking best images for branding purposes)
- Experience with visual layouts (e.g. posts for Instagram)
- Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with a contract. We want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance / part-time position you can do in tandem with other professional endeavors
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connection.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
How to apply:
- Apply using this link: https://airtable.com/shrrfrvQIOQC1NW9H
- If selected, we will email you a skills assessment to complete
- If selected, we will schedule a short Zoom Interview
- If selected, you may be asked to complete a sample task
- If selected, we will schedule a short Zoom Interview with the hiring manager.
Heads up! Due to the high volume of applications, we are thrilled to receive, at this time we are only able to respond to successful candidates.