10. Pope Gregory IX associated cats with devil worship, so he had them exterminated throughout Europe.
It’s been suggested that the lack of cats allowed rat populations to skyrocket, spreading diseases like the Bubonic Plague.
11. The Mayan’s most common human sacrifice included pulling the still-beating hearts from victim’s chests.
12. Napoleon was once attacked by a relentless horde of rabbits.
13. In the Ice Age, Britons used dead people’s skulls as cups.
14. The shortest war in history was the Anglo-Zanzibar war of 1986 which lasted just 38 minutes.